Sunday, 8 December 2013

Docklands & Dealings

Hey again!

So today I woke at the ungodly hour of 7:30 AM (ikr) in the hopes of grabbing some cheap, radical vintage clothing for the lowly sum of one whole pund each! It was near mile end, which was a massive trek to get to from South West London, especially when you realise you got the bus going the wrong way half an hour later. I'm not very smart in the mornings.


SO I truckled on up to this shifty little warehouse expecting it to be absolutely packed solid, as the event had been in the previous day (I couldn't attend because of Rehearsals for a youth project i'm involved in at the Rose Theatre in Kington). So imagine my surprise when I rock up and i'm the only person there (to be fair I was 45 minutes early, anticipating gargantuan queues)!!!!!!

The guy running the place introduced himself as "momo" and told me that everything was a pound, except for the hats which were three for £1- bargain hunt!!

With a few tubby asian women in tow, I perused the wares searching for spring time clothing, and picked out some lil gems, which I will post below. As I was paying for them, 'momo' asked me if i would come back another time, and model clothes for him and his website, which I said I would think about as something about this character seemed a little crooked, like I might just possibly be handing money to someone for stolen goods.

On my solitary bus journey back through the canary wharf area, I was struck by the beautiful architecture that enveloped me. Infinite office blocks towered into the clouds, and if I looked at them long enough, I could pretend that the clouds were the ground, the offices rising from a foamy sea and jutting into the ground. This made me extremely uncomfortable after a while, the thought of a skyscraper slicing sword-like through the stratosphere and into the N7 I was boarded upon was a sobering thought. I took a photo and tried to forget about it.

                                                                                    ~

These glasses are so sick man I try to wear them as often as possible i don't wear them to college becasue I worry about them gettin broken but honestly they make me feel hella comfortable and that is a big part of my style- comfort. Because I believe I both look and act at my best when I am completely mellow and calm and being in clothes that make me feel comfy help that. What do you think??????????








Sorry about the Grumpy shitty quality webcam selfie to show off my coat. I just like this picture because I look like a turtle

Z

xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment